Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda | Karma Ayurveda
Polycystic kidney disease is a kidney disorders that is characterized by the growth of cysts in the lining of the kidneys. This kidney disorder is an inherited impairment that develops non-cancerous fluid-filled sacs (cysts). The genetic mutation in the DNA is the main cause of the disorder. The cysts grow in multiple numbers and vary in sizes. Through these cysts the size of the kidney enlarges while scaring the normal tissues of the organ resulting in loss of kidney function.
The severity of the disease varies in different individuals. Some people suffer from the disease for many years and do not experience any symptoms while others can experience a wide range of signs and significantly lose kidney function.
Causes of Polycystic Kidney Disease:
PKD is divided into two types depending on the genetic abnormalities that are inherited. The primary difference that is seen is a genetic defect that is caused to them.
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease is the common type of PKD seen among patients. It is primarily diagnosed in adults of 30- 40 years, though it can occur in children also. The offspring of the parents have a 50% chance of getting ADPKD when one parent carries the gene of the disease.
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease is another form of PKD that is rarely seen among patients. The chances of getting the diseases increase only when both parents have transmitted the faulty gene to the child. ARPKD is usually seen in infancy. It can be fatal and also reduces the years of the life of the infant or a baby. The diagnosis of the disease is usually done at the time of birth. It can also be detected during childhood years.
Hints of PKD
The development of clusters of cysts on the kidney lining results in the showing up various hints like:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Increased in size of the abdomen
- Frequent urination
- Blood may appear in the urine
- Kidney stones
- Kidney or urinary tract infections
- Back pain
- Frequent headaches
- Kidney failure
Treatment for Polycystic Kidney Disease:
Allopaths claim that polycystic kidney disease has no cure but it can certainly be treated. The treatment given helps to relieve the symptoms or decrease the complications associated with the problem. Medications to lower the blood pressure levels are used in the treatment of PKD as blood pressure is a common problem in patients suffering from the kidney disease. The advancement of polycystic kidney disease can also lead to kidney failure which allopathy treats by dialysis and kidney transplant.
Dietary Modifications in PKD:
Ayurveda has a holistic approach to treat all body ailments. It uses natural techniques to relieve the symptom and cure the disease of the root cause. Unlike allopathy, Ayurveda believes that PKD can certainly be cured through ayurvedic medicines and correct dietary patterns. Below are few herbal remedies and dietary tips that should be adhered to by PKD patients:
- Herbal tea is a natural concoction that works best to treat PKD
- PKD patients should consume garlic as it reduces oxidative stress and the size of the cysts.
- Ample fruits and vegetables should be consumed by PKD patients
- Increased consumption of dietary fiber to keep the kidneys free from cysts and other infection
- Limited consumption of fats in the diet
- Vitamin D foods should be added to the diet of PKD patients
- The protein present in soya is a natural treatment for PKD patients
- Foods that should be avoided are eggplant, spinach, and beets
Karma Ayurveda is a high standing kidney treatment hospital that renders natural aid for the treatment for all kinds of kidney diseases. It functions under the guidance of a well-qualified physician Dr. Puneet Dhawan. Their treatment techniques have helped thousands of kidney patients in fighting their impairment without dialysis or a kidney transplant.