Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda – Ayurvedic Kidney Care
Chronic kidney disease, also called chronic kidney failure is a silent killer. It is described as a gradual loss of kidney function over several months or years. Kidneys are expected to perform the basic function of excreting waste and excess fluids in the form of urine. In CKD it tends to lose this function resulting in the buildup of dangerous levels of fluids and toxins. It is a deadly disease that grows over time reaching a stage of permanent kidney damage. In the advent of chronic kidney disease, there are no symptoms seen but as the disease aggravates it tends to show up numerous signs.
Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease:
Chronic kidney disease is divided into five broad stages that are determined on the basis of the glomerular filtration rate that is a kidney function test. The 5 stages of chronic kidney disease are:
- Stage 1 – Normal or high GFR (GFR > 90 mL/min)
- Stage 2 – Mild loss with GFR = 60-89 mL/min)
- Stage 3 – Moderate loss of kidney function (GFR = 30-59 mL/min)
- Stage 4 – Severe damage to kidneys (GFR = 15-29 mL/min)
- Stage 5 – End Stage kidney disease (GFR <15 mL/min)
What causes Chronic Kidney Disease:
Chronic kidney disease occurs when kidneys damage due to any other bodily disorder or impairment. These conditions include:
- Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Glomerulonephritis- an inflammation of the kidney’s filtering units
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Prolonged obstruction of the urinary tract
- Vesicoureteral reflux
What are the symptoms of Chronic Kidney Disease?
The advancement of chronic kidney disease results in the growth of common signs and symptoms like:
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disorder
- Decreased mental sharpness
- Swelling of feet, legs and ankles
- Dry and itchy skin
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease:
Chronic kidney disease is diagnosed through various lab tests like:
- Blood tests- It reveals the amount of waste (creatinine and urea) circulating in the blood.
- Urine test- It exposes the abnormalities of the urine and help in identifying the real cause of chronic kidney disease.
- Imaging tests like an ultrasound, x-ray help in relieving the structure and actual functioning ability of the kidneys
Through the above-mentioned tests, a stage of the chronic kidney disease is detected. Depending on the phase of damage, correct treatment measure is advocated.
An allopathic line of treatment offers a strong course of medications and lifestyle changes in the initial stages of CKD. As the disease advances, doctors advise the patients to adopt dialysis or kidney transplant. The main agenda of treating CKD is to slow down the progression of kidney damage.
How Ayurveda Treats CKD?
Ayurveda is an ancient method of treatment that centers on the union of mind, body, and soul. It believes that nature has solutions for all kinds of body ailments. Naturally grown herbs like punarnava, kaasni, varun, shreigu and gokshur are enriched with medicinal properties and successfully reverse the damage caused through CKD.
Karma Ayurveda, an India based kidney treatment centre offers 100% natural aid for CKD under the guidance of Dr. Puneet Dhawan, the 5th generation of Dhawan family. The natural aid rendered by the centre involves zero side effects. It has successfully replaced the allopathic measures of dialysis and kidney transplant with assured positive results.