Proteinuria in pregnancy with normal blood pressure
Pregnant women face a number of changes in their body such as weight gain, swelling of legs, puffiness of eyes and fluid retention. It is important for them to find the exact cause of that change as some of these changes can be a sign of health disorders such as kidney disease. Excretion of protein traces in urine found to be normal but when the protein excretion gets higher, it terms as the condition of proteinuria in pregnancy. Proteinuria in pregnancy with normal blood pressure can be a health disorder or can be a symptom of kidney dysfunction.
Situations like edema (swelling due to fluid retention), Proteinuria (protein in the urine), and sudden weight gain, needs to get monitored on-time.
What proteinuria in pregnancy with normal blood pressure indicates?
Proteinuria in pregnancy not always indicates preeclampsia. This is a condition which can denote a minor infection such as urinary tract infection (UTI). Besides high blood pressure or hypertension, there are some other symptoms which found to get occurred at the situation of proteinuria in pregnancy. These symptoms are mentioned below:
- Vomiting and nausea
- A headache
- Blurred vision or flashing in front of eyes
- Pain in the lower abdomen and sides
- Swelling of hands, face, and feet
What are the major causes of proteinuria in pregnancy?
A woman needs to be concerned about every major or minor change in the health. As proteinuria in pregnancy is found to be a common change, hence it is important for all to be aware of the possible causes which can let it appear:
- Urinary tract or kidney infection
- HELLP Syndrome or preeclampsia
- Fever or stress
- Less intake of water that causes dehydration
- High intake of counter medications
- Health-related disorders such as heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, anemia and rheumatoid
Treatment of proteinuria in pregnancy with normal blood pressure
Proteinuria in pregnancy with normal blood pressure cannot let any symptoms to occur at the initial stages. That is why this condition can be detected with the help routine tests such as:
- Urine test- This helps to know the level of several necessary and unnecessary compounds such as creatinine and urine, in urine.
- Kidney biopsy- In this, tissues from the kidneys are taken to detect kidney related problems.
- Blood test- This helps to detect the level of creatinine and urea in the blood. This helps to detect the kidney. The high level of these two components indicates that the kidneys of a person do not function in an adequate manner.
- Measurement of urine output- The overall measurement of urine flow detects that whether the kidneys of a person is working in the right manner or not.
- Imaging tests- Tests like CT scan and MRI helps to detect the change in the structure of kidneys.
Karma Ayurveda suggests pregnant women be away from the counter medicines and risk-full treatments. It is the ayurvedic kidney care institution which serves the right medications and treatment for proteinuria in pregnancy. Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment eliminates the deep causes of this disorder without leaving any side effects on the patient’s body.