Benefits of Onion for Kidney patients: All you need to know!
According to Ayurveda, health is the most precious wealth of human beings. Ayurveda also highlights the importance of a healthy and balanced diet for a healthy body and mind. A well-balanced diet includes all the necessary nutrients essential for body requirements. These nutrients are vital for the growth and restoration of a healthy body. A balanced diet protects our body from diseases and viruses such as diabetes and kidney problems.
In this article, we will explore the importance of Onion in our diet and its benefit for our kidney. Everyone one of use is familiar with Onion and its benefits. It is an integral part of our daily food requirements and a ubiquitous vegetable available in every household. Onions are rich in manganese and Vitamin C and B, which is vital for body function. It also contains prebiotic fibers, which strengthens our digestive system and keep diseases away. Onions are commonly used as salads and indifferent customized recipes.
Benefits of Onion on Kidney and its functions
Although vegetables are fruits that are beneficial for our health, some plants have medicinal properties, which makes them competent to cure diseases. An Onion contains 86% of protein and 13 % of carbohydrates, which is essential for our growth. Half cup of Onion contains 3Mg Sodium, 116Mg Potassium, and 3 Mg Phosphorus. These salts are crucial for a healthy body.
- Blood Pressure– Onion plays a crucial role in controlling blood pressure. If blood pressure is not under control and increasing day by day, then, it is a threat to the body organs and may damage the kidneys. Therefore, it is due significant to include Onion in our daily diet requirement.
- Cholesterol- Onion contains Methyl Sulphide and Amino acids, which controls our Cholesterol level and keep away the threat of heart disease.
- Diabetes- Regular intake of Onion minimizes the risk of diabetes because it maintains the insulin level in our body and improves kidney function as well.
- Urinal Function- Kidney infections result in a frequent urge to urinate and imbalance to urinal function. If a person intakes some amount of Onion with boiled water, it will help in urinal function.
- Stomach Problem- Onion is very beneficial for stomach related issues. One person can intake some grams of Onion with Rock Salt to cure stomach related troubles.
- Kidney Stone- Many time’s stones are responsible for kidney failure and other infections related to kidney. Onion prevents from developing stones in Kidneys, and if a person is suffering from kidney stones, then intake of onion juice with some sugar can cure Kidney stone.
- Cough – Onion is very useful in cough and cold. One tablespoon of onion Juice with honey works effectively in cough.
Onion is one of the exceptional vegetables, which can get included in our diet in numerous ways. On can eat raw Onion or with some salt to add taste. Onions can also be included in salads and omelets to increase flavor and vigor.
Preventive steps for Kidney disease
- Ayurveda Help Reverse Acute Kidney Failure
- makes Ayurvedic Kidney Medicines Better than Allopathic ones
Prevention is better than cure is a famous phrase in English, which means it’s better to prevent ourselves from any misfortune before it’s too late. Everyone should apply this common phrase in their life, to live a happy and healthy life. Severe diseases of a kidney can be prevented if one takes a balanced diet rich in fiber and protein. Some of the general preventive steps for Kidney diseases are:
- Water: Our body always requires water to maintain our temperature and remove toxins from our body. Drinking plenty of water helps to dilute toxins in our body and removes it through urine. Water also prevents from forming any stone in kidneys. According to medical science, a person requires 5-6 liter of water a day. Lack of water is responsible for the crystal formation in our body, which is the first stage of forming kidney stones.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are rich in fibers and vitamins, which decrease the acidic level of urine. It also helps to keep our stomach clean and minimizes the risk of forming kidney stones.
- Low Salt intake from the diet: High intake of sodium salt changes the Ph level of urine, and increases the threat of stone formation.
Exercise and Homemade food: Practicing physical activities and yoga helps us to remain fit and healthy. Homemade food is the best option available to keep us away from junk and unhealthy food habits. Foods with a low amount of oil and a balanced ratio of salt are beneficial in Kidney diseases.
We found through this article that Onion is a very healthy vegetable, which has a medicinal property to cure Kidney ailments. Due to Rich in calcium and phosphorous property, onions play a vital role in curing kidney diseases. It helps in reducing high creatinine levels to minimize kidney function. Onions play an exceptional role in lowering high blood pressure, which reduces the negative effect on the kidney.