What Are Simple Kidney Cysts? Ayurvedic Treatment And Diet – Dr. Puneet Dhawan.
Overview of Kidneys
The kidneys are bean-shaped organs that are located in the lower back. They perform the ideal function of filtering the metabolic waste and extra fluid from the body. If due to any reason the kidneys fail to perform its functions, it can indicate the damage in the kidneys.
It is a round pouch of the smooth fluid-filled sac that grows on the kidneys. A cyst can be present in one kidney or many on both the kidneys. There are mainly two types of cyst that one can experience:
- Simple cyst is the single cyst that forms on the kidneys which have thin walled sac containing water like fluid
- Polycystic kidney disease is the inherited disorder that results in the multiple cysts to be formed on the kidneys. The progression of this condition can damage the kidneys
Visible signs of kidney cyst
There are many symptoms that are visible in patients suffering from simple kidney cyst, such as:
- Dark colored or blood in the urine.
- Pain and tenderness in the abdomen
- Painful and burning sensation while urinating
- Pain in the sides of abdomen, back and joint
- Chances of kidney stones
- Swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Fatigue and nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Abnormal weight loss or weight gain
The food one consumes directly results in the slowdown of the symptoms. The condition of multiple cysts is directly related to the health of the kidneys. There are certain points to be kept in mind while forming a kidney diet:
- Food with extra salt content should be completely avoided as low-salt diet can help in balancing the high blood pressure.
- High protein diet such as meat, eggs, beans and cheese should be avoided as it can put strain on the kidneys
- One should drink an abundant amount of water for easy passing of waste
- Fresh vegetables and fruits should be included in the diet
- Giving up habits like alcohol consumption and smoking can save your kidneys from further degradation.
- Fluids like caffeine, tea, aerated drinks should be completely cut down
A regular exercise daily along with a healthy diet can help in increasing the metabolism and immunity of the body to fight the kidney cyst.
There are many people that intake prescribed medicines for a long duration for curbing the kidney cyst. However, it may only give temporary relief and one can still face the kidney problems. On the other hand, Ayurvedic treatment is more effective and long lasting solution for kidney problems. Ayurveda makes use of natural techniques and herbs. The most common herbs used in the making of Ayurvedic medicines are Milk Thistle, Gokshur, Kaasni, Punarnava, Palaash, Rakt Chandan and Shirish. These herbs have no side-effects and are bound to prevent any further infection. The best Ayurvedic treatment in Asia is given by Karma Ayurveda. It is the oldest names in the pharmaceutical industry. They have cured thousands of kidney patients worldwide.