Polycystic Kidney Disease Genetics, Ayurvedic Kidney Care - Dr. Puneet Dhawan
Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a disorder involves the progress of multiple or single cysts in the kidneys. The cysts are filled with fluid and could restore a great deal of the mass of the kidneys, thus decreasing kidney function and causing kidney failure. “Polycystic kidney disease genetics”
The disease varies to a great extent in its severity as some patients can have this disease for many years and not even be aware of it due to a lack of symptoms. Whereas, others can experience signs which are severe including a significant loss of kidney functioning as well as total kidney failure. “Polycystic kidney disease genetics”
Types of PKD
- Autosomal dominant PKD is sometimes called adult PKD. This condition results in about 90 percent of kidney failure cases. A patient with a parent with PKD has more chances of developing this condition. The symptoms of this condition develop later in life, between the ages of 30 and 40. However, there are some people begin to experience symptoms in childhood.
- Autosomal recessive PKD is much less common than ADPKD. It’s also an inherited kidney disease in which both the parents must carry the gene for the disease. People who are carriers of ARPKD won’t have symptoms if they have only one gene. If they inherit two genes, one from each parent, they’ll have ARPKD.
How can PKD be diagnosed?
To make a diagnosis on PKD, the doctor will acquire an entire medical history and do a careful physical examination. Patients will be able to consider any enlargement of the kidneys if the disease has developed. The doctor will direct tests that assess the kidney function, in addition to scans of the kidney area to make sure for enlargement and cysts. “Polycystic kidney disease genetics” “Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda”
- Abdominal ultrasound is a noninvasive test uses sound waves to look at the kidneys for cysts
- Abdominal CT scan is the test which can detect smaller cysts in the kidneys
- Abdominal MRI scan involves the use of strong MRI magnets to image the body to visualize kidney structure and look for cysts
- An intravenous pyelogram is a test that uses a dye to make the blood vessels show up more clearly on an X-ray
Mostly patients switch to quick kidney damage solutions such as dialysis and kidney transplant. Dialysis is done when the kidneys are not able to filter the blood and water from the body. The two types of common dialysis treatment are hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. The next solution is kidney transplant which is done when the kidneys completely fail to function and have to be replaced with a new donated kidney. “Polycystic kidney disease genetics”
The most authentic name in Asia for Ayurvedic kidney treatment is Karma Ayurveda. The center was established in 1937 and since then have been treating kidney patients with their magic of Ayurveda. They are working successfully with an expert Ayurveda physician Dr. Puneet Dhawan. He doesn’t believe in transplant or dialysis and provides an alternate solution for treating kidney problems. Switching to a healthy lifestyle and Ayurvedic medicines can help in reviving the kidneys back to health. “Polycystic kidney disease genetics” “Ayurvedic Medicines for Kidney Damage”