What are Kidney Disease, Causes & Symptoms? Ayurvedic Treatment, Dr. Puneet Dhawan.
Kidney disease is a condition in which the kidneys fail to function properly. Usually, the kidneys face a dysfunction in the filtration of blood and water, that results in the build up of toxins. This situation can lead to symptoms of chronic illness.
There are many causes that lead to kidney disease. Mainly people suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure or high blood-sugar level are more prone to getting kidney disease. But, there are equally other symptoms too that are responsible for creating kidney problems such as severe dehydration, kidney stones and family history of kidney problems.
The progression of kidney disease can result in many symptoms such as:
- A reduced amount of urine
- Pain during passing of urine
- Swelling in legs, ankles, and feet from retention of toxic fluids and waste in the body
- Excessive amount of fatigue and tiredness
- Feeling nausea
- Pain in chest and back
- The urine becomes darker in color
If any of the above symptoms prevail, one must get diagnosed for the kidney problems. Once sure that you are suffering from kidney disease, you should go for quick treatment.
Ayurveda is an ancient practice of healing the mind, body and soul with the help of natural medicines and techniques. Karma Ayurveda is one of the best clinics for wholesome wellness and curing kidney disease. Ayurveda uses natural herbs that have their own distinctive quality. Some of the most common herbs used are:-
- Kaasni is the best herb that is used in almost all kidney problems. It also heals respiratory problems, chronic constipation, balances the increased hemoglobin and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Punarnava is anti-inflammatory and good for kidney failure. It is a natural remedy for curing the swelling of the feet and joints. It also improves the appetite.
- Varun cures kidney failure by strengthening the urinary tract and prostate function. It also treats chronic migraines, kidney stones, renal calculi, etc.
- Gokshur gives relief from all kind of urinary problems related to kidney failure. It cures the renal infection and chronic urinary discharge.
Ayurvedic medicines alone can’t completely cure the patient if a right diet is not followed. A need for healthy diet plan is important to curb the disease permanently. There are certain foods that you must avoid in your meal, such as:
- You must monitor the carbohydrate intake as it can result in diabetes. Diabetes is one of the prime causes of severe kidney problems.
- You must reduce the cholesterol level as its type of a fat. Reducing cholesterol level can lower down the stress on the kidneys.
- Reduce the protein intake. One must avoid red meat, eggs, butter and other dairy products from their diet.
The above food should be avoided in the diet and substituted with healthy food and potent antioxidants. Eating non-starch vegetables helps to maintain the blood pressure. Also, including fruits with more water content helps in maintaining the calorie level in the body.